Posts for tag: Auto Accident
An auto accident can leave you with long-lasting pain or discomfort. While a medical doctor can prescribe medication for pain relief, you can also benefit from visiting a chiropractor. Chiropractic techniques can alleviate pain or discomfort, help you heal faster, and correct alignment issues or musculoskeletal problems caused by the accident. The skilled chiropractors at Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy MA can treat auto accident injuries.
Signs You Should See a Chiropractor
It is not uncommon to experience pain or discomfort after a Quincy auto accident, even a seemingly minor one. Whiplash, neck injuries, back injuries, and herniated discs are just some of the injuries that can be sustained as a result of a car accident. In addition to causing pain and discomfort, some injuries can also lead to joint stiffness, muscle weakness, and decreased range of motion. Without treatment, some injuries could lead to chronic pain and long-term problems.
Chiropractic techniques are highly effective for treating many of the injuries commonly incurred as the result of a Quincy auto accident. Chiropractic treatment can help your injuries heal faster by correcting spine and joint alignment, reducing inflammation, and improving musculoskeletal functioning. You should see one of the experienced chiropractors at our office in Quincy if you have been in an auto accident, especially if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Limited range of motion
- Chronic muscle and joint pain
- Frequent headaches or migraines
- Shooting pain in the legs
- Chronic neck pain
- Lower back pain
Chiropractic Treatment Methods
Chiropractic medicine offers several methods for treating many of the injuries and complications that can develop after an auto accident. Two effective techniques for treating such injuries include soft tissue massage and spinal manipulation. Soft tissue massage helps improve circulation and reduce joint inflammation, which can reduce pain and improve mobility. Spinal manipulation is a method for realigning the vertebrae along the spine. Proper alignment can reduce swelling, minimize pain, improve range of motion, and reduce pressure on the joints.
Visiting a chiropractor after an auto accident is important for several reasons. Chiropractic techniques can alleviate pain, reduce inflammation, improve range of motion, correct alignment, and help you heal faster. To schedule an appointment with a chiropractor for treatment following an auto accident, call Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy at (617) 471-4491.
Do you think there's nothing you can do about pain that lingers after an auto accident? Chiropractic care can ease your symptoms and increase your mobility. The doctors at Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy, MA explain how you can benefit from chiropractic treatment.
Chiropractic care offers many advantages. Chiropractors are skilled at treating whiplash, neck and back injuries and soft tissue damage that can occur after you've been in an auto accident. Treatment helps you feel better by:
- Aligning Your Spine Properly: Accidents, even those that occur at low speed, can affect the alignment of your spine and can cause pain, numbness, tingling, headaches and other symptoms. Chiropractors use gentle pressure to move your spine back into alignment.
- Improving Range of Motion: Stiffness can occur when your tissues become inflamed. Chiropractic helps improve range of motion and also increases blood flow to muscles and tissues, which helps promote healing.
- Reducing Scar Tissues: Chiropractic adjustments helps break up scar tissue that can limit your ability to move your joints freely.
- Preventing Chronic Pain: Treatment not only helps you recover from your injuries but also helps prevent pain from becoming a chronic condition.
What types of treatments will my Quincy chiropractor use?
Spinal manipulation will probably be an important part of your treatment plan, but it's not the only type of treatment your chiropractor offers. Although your treatment plan will vary depending on your injury, it may include:
- Ice or heat packs
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Paraffin baths
- Spinal decompression therapy
- Work hardening rehab
- Cold laser therapy
When should you see your chiropractor?
Visit your chiropractor if you experience:
- Pain or stiffness in your joints, muscles and soft tissues
- Difficulty moving your head and neck
- Numbness or tingling in your arms, legs, feet or hands
- Frequent headaches
- Problems moving a joint
- The need to use painkillers every day to manage your pain
Chiropractic treatment offers a non-invasive, drug-free way to relieve your pain after an auto accident. Call Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy, MA to schedule an appointment.