To Your Health Newsletter
- Article Index
- A Sugar-Cancer Connection?
- Starving for Sleep
- Flexibility Matters: Are You Stretching the Wrong Way?
- Packing a Nutritional Punch
- Exercise Doesn't Have to Be Hard
- Why Chiropractic Can Relieve Your Back Pain
- Another Strike Against Acetaminophen Use During Pregnancy?
- Prevent Urinary Tract Infections Naturally
- Time to Cover Drug-Free Pain Relief
- Child Obesity and Asthma: Bad News
By Editorial Staff
Doctors of chiropractic are known for treating low back pain – and preventing its recurrence – and recent research emphasizes the science underlying their effectiveness. A recent study suggests chiropractic care (spinal manipulation) can reduce LBP, but it also suggests chiropractic can increase spinal disc height.
Why is that important? Well, loss of intervertebral disc height is one of the traits of low back pain. Discs are the ligaments between the bony vertebrae that act as shock absorbers for the spine. As we get older, our discs have a tendency to get smaller, which can lead to all kinds of problems, including pain. Fortunately, as this study suggests, chiropractic can help.
That's good to know no matter your age and the condition of your spine. Talk to your doctor of chiropractic for more information. A healthy spine means a healthy you!