The American Chiropractic Association urges Americans to adopt the following 10 healthy New Years resolutions.
- I will limit my intake of caffeinated coffee, sodas and teas. The caffeine in these drinks can cause dehydration and can rob the body of essential nutrients. Stick to water, natural juices and other decaffeinated beverages.
- I will avoid over medicating myself and my family. Many over-the- counter and prescription medications have unknown side effects. Discuss alternative remedies with a doctor of chiropractic.
- I will not carry a heavy purse or briefcase with its strap over my shoulder, unless I place the strap over my head on the side opposite the bag. Wearing a shoulder strap over one shoulder unevenly places the weight of the bag on one side of the body, potentially causing shoulder and back pain.
- I will not allow my children to carry backpacks that weigh more than 15 percent of their body weight. Beyond that weight, the backpack can cause the wearer to bend forward in an attempt to support the weight on his or her back, instead of the shoulders.
- I will not lift heavy objects over my head. These types of movements can strain muscles and affect nerves, causing severe neck, shoulder and arm problems.
- I will not turn my torso while lifting relatively heavy objects. This rotates the spine and can bring on a "back attack."
- I will avoid the habit of consistently crossing the same knee over the other. Such a habit can also eventually cause misalignment of the spine.
- I will try to keep moving while I'm at work. If sedentary for the majority of the work day, it is very important to take periodic stretch breaks. Get up from the desk and take a brief walk, and stretch arms and legs as frequently as possible to avoid postural and spinal stress.
- I will, when using a shovel - in winter or summer - remember to push rather than lift, whenever possible.
- I will use luggage with wheels whenever possible. Carrying, lifting and moving a heavy suitcase can ruin a vacation.
Have a Healthy and Happy 2012!
Our redesigned website is now live!
You can schedule an appointment, check out our Doctor's bio's, learn about your condition, and more!
Please stop by www.miltonchiropractic.com.
Welcome to the Blog of Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation, Inc.
Whether you are an existing patient or searching for a chiropractor in the Quincy, Dorchester, West Roxbury, Attleboro, Brockton, Weymouth, Taunton, and Somerset area, we’re excited you are here. With the chiropractic industry advancing, we recognize the importance of keeping our patients and visitors up to date with all of the new and exciting things taking place in our practice.
As we move forward with our blog, we hope to promote chiropractic health awareness as a vital part of your healthy lifestyle. Here you will find a variety of articles and topics including chiropractic news, advancements in chiropractic technology and treatments, and updates from our practice.
We hope you find our blog to be helpful, engaging and informational to ensure your best health.
As always, feel free to contact Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation, Inc. with any chiropractic questions or concerns.
-- The Chiropractic Team at Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation, Inc.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.