We value you as a patient of Milton Chiropractic, and we appreciate the trust you place in us to help you get well.
We have been monitoring this situation with advice from CDC experts and State and Federal Government Officials. Federal and State guidelines state chiropractic as part of the essential healthcare infrastructure and chiropractic clinics across the state expect to remain open.
We do not take this undertaking to remain open lightly. We are highly concerned about the safety of our patients, our staff and our communities. Regarding our staff, we are taking every precaution possible to adhere to proper social distancing protocols allowing staff rotations, voluntary leave, wearing masks and exploring telehealth options.
We continue with the following recommendations........
With the outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus) having spread into our region, it is important that we take necessary precautions to help prevent transmission and limit exposure of these in our communities. You can get the latest information and facts about the coronavirus including: prevention, travel tips, and frequently asked questions by clicking HERE.
While efforts to contain COVID-19 continue to evolve, Milton Chiropractic is taking the following steps to reduce transmission:
- Cleaning and disinfecting: Treatment tables, counters, railings, and equipment will be wiped down with approved virus killing products after use and throughout the day. Patients instructed to wash their hands when entering.
- Alcohol based sanitizer and wipes have been placed in the clinics for patient and employee use.
- Rescheduling appointments: Patients that have fever, excessive coughing, and illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment. Milton Chiropractic will waive the cancellation fee in these scenarios.
- Limiting Patient and Provider Traffic: Increasing schedule hours, decreasing visits/hour. Asking patients to stay in their cars until their appointment time. Not allowing patients to bring visitors.
- Educating our employees and patients on the facts of COVID-19 and staying in lockstep with the experts on ways to help prevent transmission including the patient and provider wearing of masks. Continued handwashing by all staff and patients entering the clinic.
- In Place Protocols for in the event of a positive tested patient or employee.
Also, please be advised that you will be asked the CDC recommended Covid-19 pre-screening questions at every appointment.
- Have you traveled recently to an area with known local spread of Covid-19 – Coronavirus?
- Have you been with in 6 feet of someone who tested positive for Covid-19 – Coronavirus or quarantined for possible Covid-19-Coronavirus?
- Have you been experiencing fever (over 99.6), or lower respiratory symptoms such as cough or difficulty breathing?
- Or, have you had at least 2 symptoms of: fever, chills, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell or generalized muscle pains?
(Please click here for the CDC guidelines regarding symptoms of Covid-19.)
If you answer yes to any of these, please call the office to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Here are some steps that you can follow to help stay healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean frequently touched items (doorknobs, countertops, keyboard, phones, etc.)
- Cover your cough and sneezes with your arm
- Boost Your Immune System
- Get Adequate Sleep – make it a priority (Adults 7-9 hours; Children need more).
- Drink Plenty of Water – staying hydrated helps to flush toxins from your body.
- Get Adjusted – stress directly impacts the nervous system and can show up as pain in the musculoskeletal system.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet – easily digestible foods don’t sap energy that could be used to fight infections.
- Minimize Stress – stress increases cortisol that lowers your immunity. Meditation / mini-breaks.
- Moderate Exercise – helps to decrease cortisol levels and increases immunity.
- Limit Alcohol Intake and Don’t Smoke
If you experience the following symptoms: fever, coughing, or shortness of breath, or if you or a loved one has traveled to a country with confirmed COVID-19 cases, especially China or Italy, then please notify our scheduling staff. If you or a family member has tested positive for Covid-19, or is under quarantine (self or medically mandated) please notify our office to reschedule.
The safety and wellbeing of our patients and employees is our highest priority. If you have any questions or concerns, then please call us to speak to the clinic manager.