Posts for: December, 2017
You see your chiropractor in Quincy so your nerves, skeletal system and muscles work in harmony. Plus, you enjoy the whole body health philosophy the professional staff at Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation offers. But, did you know that massage therapy also is an important part of chiropractic care? At Massage Works! Your fully-credentialed massage therapist will help you achieve optimal wellness by complementing your chiropractic adjustments with massages that prepare and relax your muscles. You'll be amazed at the results!
Could massage therapy in Quincy help you?
Experts at the University of Miami Touch Research Center cite several reasons massage therapy is beneficial, especially when combined with chiropractic care:
- Massage reduces levels of the body's stress hormones.
- Massage increases circulation through both the vascular and lymphatic systems (support of immunity).
- Massage relaxes the muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons, allowing easier adjustments and less recurring tension.
- Massage relieves swelling from overuse or athletic injuries and reduces the build-up of lactic acid in the muscles.
- Pain decreases with manipulation of muscular knots (areas of tension) prior to chiropractic adjustments.
- Patents and chiropractors notice quicker healing of acute injuries.
- Athletes sustain fewer injuries when muscles are less tense and well-conditioned.
- Relaxed muscles support the skeletal system, and don't pull the spine out of alignment the way tense soft tissues can.
Is massage therapy in Quincy for you?
When you come to Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation, one of our highly qualified staff chiropractors will perform a simple chiropractic exam which gives him or her a wealth of information on your:
- Areas of discomfort or injury
- Grip strength
- Alignment of your cervical, thoracic, lumbar and sacral areas of the spinal column
Also, your chiropractor may order X-rays or other sophisticated imaging to get the fullest picture possible of your overall function and well-being. Depending on the findings, your chiropractor may recommend a customized care plan, including adjustments of subluxations (pinched nerves), massage therapy, posture adjustments, spinal decompression, stretching exercises, physical therapy and even nutritional strategies. Indeed, it's a holistic approach to wellness: discover what's gone wrong and optimize the body's natural ability to heal itself.
Can we help you?
Come to Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy, MA for your evaluation. Contact us and ask about our massage services!